Publishing Design Project 3A (Book Design )


Dayyan Ahmed 0344670 
Publishing Design 
Project 3a - Book Design and layout



Instructions




After we finished our visuals and exercises , we had to move on to finalizing our book design, We had to test and determine our type face , margins and grids 

Progress 1 - Determining Grids 

We had to test out three grid systems and finalize one.


After thinking i chose my third layout as my book is about drugs and i would need a little more space for my visuals. It will also allow a bit more dynamic text placement like vertically which i am aiming for to reflect the druggie factor.

Chosen Grid 



After choosing my grids tested it out with dummy text and it was giving me some problems to work with so i slightly modified it to allow me to have more dynamics and range to work with.

Modify Grid


I worked on the grid again to see how it worked and I observed my way of using it didn't need the grid to have so many rows so I changed it slightly again and finalised it .

Final Grid 


Next We had to make a type specimen sheet to determine our pt size , type face etc for our header , subtext and Body text.

My book is drugs and Heavy metal music related with the overall theme of so i started testing fonts which are edgy but sleek to reflect a classy serious look at the same time reflecting the faded drug factor.

Type Specimen , I made my specimen sheet but i was also open to changes if the fonts did not work the way i wanted to in the progress.

Fig 1.1 Type Specimen sheet



Layout 1 ( Half title , full title , Contents )


Layout 2 (Half title , Full title)


Layout 3 (Half title , full title , contents)



New Layout 


Final flip book



Popular posts from this blog

Design research and methodology Final compilation and reflection

Design Exploration - Final compilation and reflection

Major project - Final compilation and reflection