Design Research Dissertation - Final Compilation and reflection

 


Dayyan Ahmed - 0344670
Design research dissertation 
Final Compilation and reflection



Instructions




Dissertation Turnitin report 





Research article for publication 




Reflections

Out of all the things we learned this semester for me the three key elements would be. First, summarizing text. My way of writing is often very descriptive however in this module we were going the other way and decreasing words which was pretty annoying in the beginning but then I caught up pretty good. Identifying key words and to the point descriptions easily let me decrease my text at the same time keeping the relevant content.

Secondly, I think I have been going through this since i started university. Organization , the importance of organizing your work flow is extremely important especially when you have the pressure of four other modules. If I was to follow my old work flow I probably would be dead but i kept my work flow pretty organized this time and everything went smooth.

Thirdly, even though I was pretty familiar with this area I do consider it one of the key things of the module. This would be the ability to write in a smooth way. Making connections between certain data and transitions between paragraphs. This element to me was an important factor to write a more cohesive and organized article without straying off topic.

In terms of strengths for me my strength would be my attitude towards writing itself. I have seen a lot of people and class mates who are just so against writing. Everyone has their own liking however I actually like writing even if it was fifty pages I never got the idea of the writing being overwhelming to me. I think this helped me keeping my stress factor low because I did not get tensed even if I had to re write whole paragraphs again.

It is ironic my weaknesses are related to my strengths I like writing. But at the same time if i move too quickly I tend to make a lot of grammatical errors. Throughout the semester I noticed this myself and Ms Jinchi also pointed it out all the time. Honestly sometimes i said sorry to Ms Jinchi because of all the punctuations and spellings I ate up , the content can be pretty annoying to read. Similarly even summarizing and cutting down text was also a bit of a problem for me but I figured it out eventually.

I don't think I changed much in terms of personality in this module but I am so grateful that I learned how to cut stuff down and identify relevant data along with that I am much more aware of my spellings and stuff. This module also helped me understand a organized workflow also. In between the semester i had a huge mess up with my laptop with a ransom virus and i had to restart from scratch in my other modules. It was pretty stressing for me doing 10 weeks of work in around 4-5 weeks but I somehow managed to make it on time for most of the assignments, all because i was able to organize my work flow and manage my time.

I do not really have any issues with the module teaching or what could be improved in it. I might be a little biased here, Ms Jinchi has been my favorite teacher since semester 1 and I have never had any problem with her teaching or communication of any sort. In short any module Ms Jinchi has taught me has always been nice and smooth no problems. 
P.s It's sad this is our last semester with Ms Jinchi.




Popular posts from this blog

Design research and methodology Final compilation and reflection

Design Exploration - Final compilation and reflection

Major project - Final compilation and reflection