Advanced Typography Project 1B

 



week 7 - week 9 (07.09.20 - 21.09.20)
Dayyan Ahmed (0344670)
Bachelor in Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Advanced Typography
Project 1B



Project 1B

After confirming our key art we were asked to design a poster , collateral and e invite using the keyart.

Attempt 1 layout 


fig 1.1 First trial 


For my first layout , i used an older key art as i had already made a poster with it. 

After feedback , i designed the second layout using the new keyart 

black and white attempt 

Fig 1.2 black and white to understand places where the text can be added 


Colour layout 

After determining a rough idea where the text can be added i tried different back ground colours as my key art has to be used with a background to fully express it's idea.


Fig 1.3 colour tryouts


After choosing a suitable background i then made a poster layout 

In the poster i used a combination of transitional and modular system as the design of the keyt art favoured it . Ripped jeans but rips are always random.

First layout 

fig 1.3 poster layout 


After getting an idea of how i wanted my poster to look like i tweaked some type fonts and minor details 


fig 1.5 Final poster 



After designing my poster , i started my collateral.

Collateral 1 - T shirt 

fig 1.6  collateral 1 t shirt 



Collateral 2 - keyring

fig1.7 keyring 




After the poster a couple static collaterals i  moved onto the e invite 

Starting the e invite i decided to stick ot the ripped jeans style and broke down the information into multiple pages for readability.

Draft1 

Edit 2 

For my second edit i added some details such as white rip edges etc



Final outcome 





Reflections

I think these two projects for me were the hardest to wrap my head round. The though processes The is needed in the project was just overwhelming from. I did my best to get something though.



Further reading 






Popular posts from this blog

Design research and methodology Final compilation and reflection

Design Exploration - Final compilation and reflection

Major project - Final compilation and reflection